A plethora of pow! Ski on four peaks, 2,300 acres, five terrain parks, two half-pipes, eight bowls and then thank the liftie for the ride of your life on the highest chairlift in North America. Afterwards feed your belly & soul with après ski signature winter parties, unique shops in the award-winning arts district, and locally-made libations.
• Winter Dew Tour featuring the biggest names in extreme snowboarding and skiing
• Annual Imperial Challenge triathlon
• 5 Peaks Race – North America’s longest ski mountaineering race
• Breck Ascent Series with races UP the mountain!
• International Snow Sculpture Championships
• The annual winter Ullr Fest parade pays homage to the Norse god of snow
Wildflower eye candy galore & sweet spring skiing!
• Annual Spring Fever month – long celebration at the end of the ski season with live concerts, festivities and other celebrations
• Annual Breckenridge Festival of Film
• Perfect temperatures for cycling & golfing
• learn all about mining lore & surrounding ghost towns
• heaps of unique shops & eateries for feeding your belly & soul
• “Juneuary” – fantastic lodging and dining deals are available now
It’s green & warm and life is oh so happy in the great outdoors!
white water raft, alpine slide, jeep tour, bag beautiful fourteener Quandary Peak, hiking trails aplenty, fly-fishing in the Blue River, mountain & road biking on innumerable trails, scenic drive one of the large number of passes, nearby Lake Dillon for boating
• annual Summer Fun Run
• National Repertory Orchestra and the Breckenridge Music Institute concerts
• Riverwalk Center concerts
• annual Fourth of July celebration
• historic walking tours
Awwww the aspens are blushing before they get ready to kick off their leaves, the air is fresh, the upper mountains are dusted with snow & lodging rates are lowest during this time!
• numerous art shows
• annual Fall Ski Swap
• Rubber Duck Race and a marathon
photos by the magnificent Meredith Winkelmeyer