Carbondale’s Rassle the Castle Fat Bike and Snowshoe Races
If you happen to be in the Roaring Fork Valley this weekend and are looking for an exciting event to participate in, head over to Carbondale for the Rassle the Castle Fat Bike and Snowshoe Races. These park and recreation-sponsored races are family-friendly, fun, and appropriate for all ages.
The gorgeous 5k course provides views of snow-capped peaks and rolling fields of white. It starts at the lower parking lot of the Redstone Inn and follows Redstone Boulevard to the Redstone Castle. The races include two loops around the castle and finish at the starting line.
All registrations are on the day of the race, 30 minutes prior to the start of each race. The Carbondale Parks and Recreation Department accepts cash or check only.
Fat Bike Race
- Start Time: 9am
- Cost: $25 / $20 with a non-perishable food item for Lift Up
- Demo bikes will be available free of charge
- Start Time: 10am
- Cost: $20 (partial proceeds will be donated to the Redstone Community Association)
- Bring your own snowshoes (snowshoes are not required but you have to race in them to win a prize)
- There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd male and female 45 and below / 46 and over, most mature participant, and youngest participant
- Leashed dogs are allowed during the snowshoe event only
If You Choose to do Both Events…
- Cost: $30 to enter both races
- Raffle drawings for all participants begin at 11am
- Free hot chocolate at the Redstone Inn to race participants
- 15% discount on rooms for racers at the Redstone Inn
Would you like your business or next event promoted with Think Colorado? Let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org . 719.221.3986
About our extraordinary writer: Lindsay Diamond is a novelist and freelance writer living in the mountains of central Colorado. Visit Lindsay-Diamond.com to learn more.