- This event has passed.
PAGOSA SPRINGS – Backcountry Film Festival
January 27 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm| $15
BACKCOUNTRY FILM FESTIVAL COMES TO Pagosa Springs
Celebrating the Winter Human-Powered Experience
Pagosa Springs, CO – The 13th Annual Winter Wildlands Alliance Backcountry Film Festival will show in Salida on Saturday, January 27th at the Pagosa Lakes Clubhouse. All proceeds benefit The Colorado Mountain Club Conservation Department.
Through advocacy and stewardship, CMC Conservation works to preserve and enhance human-powered recreation in balance with natural resource conservation on Colorado’s public lands.
The Backcountry Film Festival is produced by Winter Wildlands Alliance as a celebration of the human-powered experience and a gathering place for the backcountry snowsports community. Winter Wildlands Alliance is a national nonprofit organization that partners with groups like the Colorado Mountain Club at the local level to inspire and educate the backcountry community to protect and care for their winter landscapes. Funds raised at each screening stay in the local community to support human-powered recreation and conservation efforts, winter education and avalanche/safety programs and to raise awareness of winter management issues.
Adventure, environment and climate, youth outdoors, ski culture- you’ll find it all in this award winning lineup. Films in this year’s program include:
• The Space Within, DPS Skis Cinematic | 5 min 28 sec
• Ruth Gorge, Noah Howell | 8 min 1 sec
• Below 0, Itai Hagage | 4 min 54 sec
• The End of Snow, Jane Zelikova and Morgan Heim | 20 min 35 sec
• Follow Through, Anya Miller and Becca Cahall | 21 min 48 sec
• Genesis, Ben Sturgulewski and Dan Pizza | 5 min 50 sec
• Idaho 12ver Project, Mark Ortiz | 12 min 10 sec
• Adventure Not War, Max Lowe | 7 min 35 sec
Doors Open 6:30 pm, Films Begin 7pm
Admission: CMC Member: $12, Non-Members: $15 online at cmc.org/bcff or at the door